Here is an example of the Wellness Wheel we use in our FREE Self Care webinar that happens each month.
We cover all eight components of the Wellness Wheel.
The Wellness Wheel is a strength-based model building on people's daily habits and routines while shaping new ones. The Wellness Wheel focuses on 8 important dimensions of wellness:
All eight dimensions of wellness are interdependent and each dimension builds on another to improve quality of life. Each dimension can impact individuals both positively and negatively. We all experience different seasons in life where one dimension may be more prominent than others, but if any one of these dimensions are neglected over a prolonged period of time, it can adversely affect an individual's health, well-being and quality of life (Swarbrick, 2006)
The Eight Dimensions of Wellness
- Emotional- Coping effectively with life and creating satisfying relationships.
- Physical- Recognising the need for physical activity, sleep and nutrition.
- Financial- Satisfaction with current and future financial situations and goals.
- Social- Having a sense of connection and a dependable support system.
- Occupational- Personal satisfaction and enrichment from one's work.
- Environmental- Good health through pleasant environments that support well-being.
- Intellectual-Identifying creative abilities and expanding knowledge and skills.
- Spiritual- Expanding our sense of purpose and meaning in life.